Banana Ice Cream
This is my healthy, vegan version of ice cream! Instead of the regular milk/sugar/cream/whatever, this “ice cream” is made out of frozen bananas and dates. It’s one of my favorite desserts, and it’s so cheap and easy that I make it all the time!
- 10 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into pieces, frozen
- 1 ripe banana, unfrozen
- Cacao nibs
Note: Zach and I think this makes enough for 2 people, but it could serve more people if you’re willing to make smaller serving sizes (we’re not).
- Remove dates from water and add to a blender along with the coconut oil, vanilla, and a couple of shakes of cinnamon
- Add all of the bananas (both frozen and unfrozen)
- Blend (You will need a strong blender to mash the frozen bananas!)
- Remove from blender, stir in cacao nibs
I know this picture doesn’t look amazing, but trust me, it does taste amaaaaazing!.